“Innovation and Excellence in Asset Protection”
Star Building Management Services (Star BMS) is a facilities management company established in 1992 to meet the growing need for quality asset management in the body corporate sector.
For more than two decades we have earned a reputation for providing superior service to our clients.
In addition to strata titled buildings, Star BMS services a growing number of privately owned buildings, giving our company vast experience in dealing with issues in buildings governed by the Body Corporate and Community Management Act, as well as those outside of this.
Over the years, we’ve identified the highest quality service providers such as fire services, air conditioning and lift specialists, security, cleaning and ground maintenance companies. We work closely with, and use the collective knowledge and expertise of these companies, to benefit the property owners and tenants of buildings we manage.
- All contractors perform to the required standard
- All maintenance matters are attended to promptly, and
- Your property is always presented in excellent condition.
Our qualified staff inspects your premises and consult with you to provide a wide range of advice essential for bodies corporate.
Safety and Compliance
We carry out Work Health & Safety inspections and report on risks at your building and advise how they might be controlled. We offer Maintenance Schedule and Log Book packages that ensure that your property is maintained in the best practice, and all aspects of the property are compliant with the WH&S Act (2011) and Building Fire Safety Regulations.
Building Management and Maintenance Systems
Our Building Management and Maintenance Systems program is perfect for those new to building management, or those not familiar with the Queensland legislation in regards to compliance.
Our comprehensive service ensures your building has a compliant program and provides a system of recording and reporting to maintain a high standard of communication with the building committee.
Common Property Condition Reports
Whether you are looking to enter into a new building management contract, or working with your building manager to review the regular maintenance schedules and requirements on site, a Common Property Condition Report carried out by Star BMS will identify any maintenance issues that should be rectified to prevent deterioration of the building. A small investment in this report has the potential to save a large amount of money in the long term.
Building Management Statement Consulting
Many new urban developments contain areas of shared facilities between commercial, retail and residential schemes. A Building Management Statement (BMS) is a document that governs the relationship between the residential bodies corporate and the volumetric commercial/retail lots.
Star BMS is able to interpret the BMS document, identify areas of shared facilities, and define the ways that expenses are apportioned. We aim to ensure the management of your shared facilities is as simple as possible.
At Star BMS, our facility managers undertake a wide variety of tasks with the ultimate goal of securing your asset’s value.
- Inspection and analysis of building fabric, structures, plant and equipment.
- Assisting in the preparation of repair and maintenance budgets.
- Obtaining competitive quotes and negotiating (with and on behalf of our clients) ongoing maintenance contracts and reactive maintenance works to ensure best value is achieved.
- Supervision and coordination of service contractors and maintenance activities.
- Overseeing works on site to ensure it is carried out to the highest standard.
- Ensuring that all contractors hold the appropriate licenses and insurances.
- Providing an after-hours emergency service.